Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 16 - A Song By A Grammar Winning Artist or Band

"We Used To Wait" by Arcade Fire- I had never listened to Arcade Fire before last year when they their song "Rebellion" started playing on my Pandora station. After listening to more of their songs, I realized that I had missing out. They released an album last August that I was able to get on Amazon for $3.99. It was one of the first entire albums I had purchased in quite a while, a practice I've gotten more into the habit of since. Their album, "The Suburbs" is very good and I was excited when it was nominated for Album of the Year. In my opinion, the Grammys usually snub music made by real musicians that play real instruments and I was happy to see that a band that I actually enjoyed was nominated for their biggest award. I had no expectation that they would actually win because even though they deserved to win, they were up against much more popular artists like Lagy Gaga, Katy Perry, and Eminem. Then, the evening of the awards, I heard that they would be closing the show, which was a clear indication that they were going to win. So I turned on and watched them win and then perform. Immediately after, I went to Twitter and read all "Who are Arcade Fire?" posts from confused Lady Gaga fans.


Here is my favorite song from the album, which, if you use Google Chrome, has a very cool, interactive video on http://thewildernessdowntown.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment