Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 01- My Favorite Song

"New Slang" by The Shins- Sorry to be predictable but they are my favorite band. They have a lot of great songs that could easily be my favorite but when asked to choose my tippy-top favorite, above all others by them or any other band, I must choose "New Slang." 

I first heard this several years ago on Pandora and it was the first time I'd ever heard The Shins. While I can't say it changed my life, I can say it changed my taste in music. I am constantly searching for music that will have the impact on me that this song did when I first heard it and because of that, I've discovered a lot of great music since. I have a soft spot for subdued, acoustic songs and this is the best of that type. I am quite sure that the second verse that starts with the songs title, is the most perfect verse of music ever written. It makes my heart ache.

No comments:

Post a Comment