Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 02 - My Least Favorite Song

This is significantly more difficult than choosing my favorite song. There is a lot of horrible music out there. The spot for least favorite could be filled by hundreds of songs. How do I choose just one? I decided that instead of choosing something truly vile, maybe something by Ke$ha or that song about letting the dogs out, I will choose my least favorite song out of songs lots of people (hundreds of thousands, probably millions of people) truly love.

I have heard, throughout my life, that The Beatles are the greatest band in the history of music. I am not going to argue with anyone that feels that way. I can't argue that they were not one of the most influential bands. I can't argue that they don't have a bunch of really great, beautiful, and enjoyable songs. There are songs by the Beatles that I love with all of my heart, but one of their songs makes my skin crawl. Maybe it's because I've heard it 8 million times. Maybe it's because it's a 7 minute song and the last 3 1/2 minutes are useless.  Maybe hearing the unrelenting "na na na na" repeated over and over reminds me of someone holding me down and tapping their index finger in the center of my forehead for hours on end. For any one of these reasons, "Hey Jude" is my least favorite song of all time. Every time I hear it, I want to scream.

No comments:

Post a Comment