Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 05 - A Song That Reminds Me of Someone

"Super-Connected" by Belly - This song reminds me of a few different people, most notably, my brother, Kevin, and my 14 year old self. Belly is one of  just a few bands that I loved when I was 14 and still love today. Most of the music I liked when I was that age was pretty awful but I still listen to Belly frequently. Back then, I would put the cd on and sing along for hours on end and think about unrequited love. I wanted to be Tanya Donelly. I am pretty sure a hair brush microphone was involved.

The reason it reminds me of my brother, Kevin, is because I did not own the cd. He did. I happened to procure the cd one day while he was not home. That sentence could also read: I stole the cd from my brother, Kevin. I can't remember exactly how it went but I'm pretty sure that I denied knowing anything about it when he discovered it was missing. I also think there was a heated argument when he found out that I had actually taken it and it had been in my possession for several months. Kevin, if you read this, I'm sorry I stole your Belly cd but I should admit that I would have also stolen your Belly poster if I knew I could have gotten away with it.

Youtube won't let me embed the official video, so here's a live version.

No comments:

Post a Comment