Friday, June 24, 2011

What I'm Listening To: Week of June 19th

Have I mentioned before that I am a huge Shins fan? I'm not sure if I have. Maybe once or twice? If not, I am a huge Shins fan. I really, really love them. It has been four years since their last album, Wincing the Night Away, and I have been waiting patiently for new stuff from them while James Mercer has done side projects. Then this past March, at a benefit concert, James Mercer mentioned that they working on a new record and played one of the new songs. My reaction was "SQUEEEEEEE!" Since then, I have been searching for any details I can find about the new album but there hasn't been a lot. Then, last week, it was announced that they would be headlining the Popped! Music Festival in Philadelphia in September. Another "SQUEEEEEE!" I don't plan on making the trip to Philly for the Festival because it's pretty expensive and there are only a few other bands playing that I'm interested in so I hope that this is an indication that the album will be out by then and that they will be going on tour. Needless to say, I am so very excited for both of these things.

This is the new song that James Mercer played. It's a slow one, which is fine by me. I look forward to hearing the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment