Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Where I'm From

One of the things I enjoy doing in my free time is reading shelter blogs. I can spend a ridiculous amount of time ogling beautifully designed rooms. That being said, you can expect posts from me about decor related stuff. I thought I'd start by posting about one of my favorite aspects of home decor, artwork.

I love the idea of having artwork throughout my home that represents where I'm from. I have lived in Northern Virginia, just south of D.C, my whole life, so I will sometimes search out Virginia and D.C. specific artwork. Here are a few of the favorites I've found.

I own and love this poster from Ork Posters. They sell similar posters for a bunch of different cities and very cool posters of the human heart and brain.
 
Virginia's state bird is the cardinal and I've found a bunch of great prints featuring them. The first is a fantastic print from one of my favorite Etsy sellers, BerkelyIllustration.

Another favorite Etsy seller, Gingiber, sells this beautiful cardinal print. I am also partial to her owl calender.
Yet another Etsy favorite, BeeThings offers this print.
And one more from PosthaDesign. I love the simplicity of this one.
One of my favorite things about living so close to D.C. is getting to go walk around the Mall and Tidal Basin when the cherry blossoms are in bloom. Etsy seller Karingrow frequently features cherry blossoms in her artwork. Here are two of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment